Why We Run
Our goal at Girls on the Run is to teach girls how to:
- Evaluate the effects and consequences of making right and wrong choices.
- Respect themselves and others and be self-confident.
- Manage their emotions and maintain positive attitudes.
- Listen, cooperate and work as a team.
- Avoid drugs, alcohol and other high-risk behaviors.
- Eat nutritiously.
- Contribute and give back to the community.
- Develop open relationships with their parents or guardians about difficult issues.
- Set a goal, prepare for it, and complete it (in this instance, a 5K race).
- Love exercise!